For over 70 years, Otyokwah has been creating unforgettable, life-impacting experiences where children connect with God through great fellowship and the beauty of nature.
More than just Camp
Camp Otyokwah is a place where kids get away from the routine of daily life and encounter an environment with unique experiences that offer growth and independence. We focus on building intentional and caring relationships between our staff and your kids.
Through these encouraging and motivating relationships kids develop a sense of belonging and have one of the best times of their year.
Creating Unforgettable Experiences
No matter which week you look at, we do things differently at Otyokwah. From the great food to the charm of cabins to our staff, we take pride in offering the best experience for your child while at camp. We know it's not the stuff, but the staff that make camp great, so we take care in selecting and training our counselors and program staff.
Life at camp
Meals are important, so we take great pride in the food that we serve at camp. Whether it be tacos, or pizza, spaghetti or hamburgers, your child is sure to not leave the dining hall with an empty stomach. We are familiar with many food allergies; if your child has a specific dietary restriction, please let us know so we can help make their meal time something to look forward to!
Our cabin leaders create a safe and inclusive cabin community where all the campers feel a sense of belonging. Whether it is eating meals together or swimming together or worshipping during chapel together, our staff strive to help create a great experience for your child.
A New adventure Every Day
Our schedule is intentionally sequenced each week with cabin time, activities, swimming, and large group games in order to engage each camper at their level.
Your child is our #1 Priority
Before your child arrives at camp, we have carefully considered and prepared our facility to provide the safest experience possible. Here are just some of the measures we have taken:
- Accreditation - CCCA Member (Christian Camp and Conference Association).
- Food Safety - Our food service manager is Ohio ServeSafe certified and our kitchen staff have been trained in safe food handling skills.
- Richland County Health Department - Each year, the Richland County Health Department inspects our facilities .
- Activity Inspection - Our challenge course is annually inspected and certified by industry experts to insure the equipment and operations are being safely used.
- Lifeguards - All waterfront activities are supervised by either certified Red Cross or YMCA Lifeguards.
- Staff - Our summer and residential staff are carefully screened through applications, interviews, references, and background checks. Additionally, all staff go through Child Abuse Awareness Training.
- Health - We have a Registered Nurse for each week of our camp programs to oversee medical and health needs. Meals always include fruits and vegetables.